Student learning and extra-curricular activities are also enhanced by a number of partnerships with organisations and programs. Some of our partners:
City of Wanneroo
Young Australia League
Australian Business Community Network
Lions Club of Girrawheen
The Smith Family
Earnst & Young
University of Western Australia:
- UWA Aspire – A program working with the University of Western Australia for students enrolled in ATAR courses, to raise aspirations for tertiary education.
- UWA Fairway – A program that provides students completing Year 12 under challenging circumstances with an admission pathway to the University of Western Australia
Edith Cowan University
- ECU Preparation Course (UniPrep) – Girrawheen Senior high school is one of the very few schools in the Perth metropolitan area to offer an onsite university bridging course to Edith Cowan University. UniPrep is an endorsed program that offers an alternative, direct pathway to University. The UniPrep course aims to provide students with the necessary skills to succeed at a university level and in partnership with Edith Cowan University, Girrawheen Senior High School delivers units that focus on Learning Skills, Mathematics, Academic Writing and the Humanities.
During Year 11 and 12, students will engage in content that prepares them for university level study by teaching them the required skills for academic success, with an emphasis on the student becoming an independent learner. Additionally, students will be introduced to university life at ECU and will have access to course and career advice to assist in making informed decisions about undergraduate degree selection. UniPrep is a challenging, yet engaging course that requires dedication, commitment and perseverance but offers an outstanding opportunity to gain university entrance.
- ECU Studiosity – A 24/7 tutoring service with instant help and writing feedback in English, Maths, Science and more.
Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA):
- Intensive Workshops – With the support of The Smith Family, WAAPA provides performing arts students with intensive three day workshops in both dance and drama, led by industry professionals. In 2021, three students from Girrawheen Senior High School Performing Arts Academy were awarded course scholarships to WAAPA through this partnership.