The school uniform is a compulsory requirement for Girrawheen Senior High School students. The specific dress requirements for daily wear and Physical Education classes aid in differentiating lower school from senior school students and also help to identify any unwelcome visitors.
When wearing the uniform and representing the school, a high standard of presentation, grooming, personal hygiene and behaviour is expected from students on a daily basis.
Uniforms should be worn without embellishment.
All tops and jackets can be purchased from the Uniform Shop located in the school front office.
YEAR 7 – 12
Neat fitting black tracksuit pants, trousers, dress shorts or skirts without logos. Skirts and shorts must be of a modest length.
YEAR 7 – 12
Fully enclosed laced or Velcro sturdy sneakers or shoes. Must be suitable for sport. Thin canvas shoes do not meet health and safety requirements.
General Uniform Expectations
- Undershirts can be short or long sleeved white, navy or black (without a hood).
- Hats/caps may be worn outdoors, but must not be embellished with any logos or symbols that are offensive or degrading. Hats and caps must be removed when indoors.
- Hijab or head scarves should be plain black or white.
- Scarves are an optional accessory and must be plain black or white.
- Socks must be white, black or discrete.
- Modest jewellery and watches are acceptable.
- Makeup should be kept to a minimum.
- All tattoos must be covered by school uniform.
- Piercing that is not visible is not of concern. Piercing of the nose, cheek, lip, eyebrow, chin or neck is not appropriate for school and may not be acceptable for students who are engaging in workplace learning.
- Hats/caps when indoors
- Torn garments
- Denim clothing
- Wearing Physical Education uniform to normal classes is not acceptable
- Wearing Performing Arts/ Unity uniform to normal classes is not acceptable